8 Steps To Easily Making A Fitness Website 2023 In 11 Minutes!
Teach Mate is a reader supported website. If you purchase using a link on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission. This doesn’t cost you anything.
This guide will look at how to build your first fitness website in around half an hour or so. Forget all those expensive tools which try and charge you grands to make your own personal training website, learn how to set up a professional fitness website quickly and easily with the following guide. Read on to the bottom and put into practice what you learn to get your fitness business online.
How To Easily Build Your Fitness Website In Under 11 Minutes
It’s possible to get your epic fitness site up within just a few minutes. The process is nice and easy, follow along now:
- Go to Justhost here. This is the web hosting company we’ll use to build your site on.
- Click ‘Get Started Now’ – you’ll see a special offer if this is your first time using them. 🙂
- Select which plan you’d like – go with ‘Basic’ if you’re making the one site, or ‘Plus’ if you want to make more than one. Basic is fine for most, it can always be upgraded later.
- Type in the name of the website you want to make e.g. ‘teachfitnessmate’ (or whatever name you want) and click ‘Next’.
- Enter your details to create your account. Uncheck all the extras as you don’t need them. Choose an account plan of at least 12 months for a good discount, but 36 months for the cheapest price possible. Pay.
- Once paid, click ‘Install WordPress’ in your Justhost Dashboard.
- Step by step instructions will show; follow them. No need to choose any extra themes or buy any upgrades.
- In the Justhost Dashboard, add domain privacy. Follow the path ‘Domains’ > ‘Manage’ > ‘Security’. Click the ‘Domain Privacy’ option.
Finished! You now have a website you can use for your sports or fitness based business and it only took you a few minutes. 🙂
From here you can add any posts or pages to your site using the WordPress dashboard, and easily change the look of your site using WordPress ‘themes’.
Things To Avoid When Creating Your Fitness Site
The first thing you need to remember when making your own fitness / personal trainer / gym based site, is that there are a lot of them out there! Furthermore, there are a lot of new ones springing up all the time. Luckily for you though, a lot of people make them full of rehashed information, and don’t do a lot (if anything) to stand out from the crowd. This means that if you get your own angle and give people something new and exciting (or at least create it to a higher level then what’s already out there), you can run a successful fitness site. Avoid doing the same thing as everyone else and you’ll give yourself a better chance of doing well.
Another thing you should avoid when making your fitness website is talking about things you don’t really know about. Health and fitness is a life changing subject, and giving bad information can literally ruin someone’s life. It’s because of this that you shouldn’t give out information unless you know it to be true.
With that out of the way, let’s look at how to make your fitness site stand out from the crowd.
Having Your Site Stand Out With Tools Or Apps
As I mentioned, a lot of fitness sites simply cover the same things in unimaginative ways. And while putting your own take on issues and covering those less talked about subjects is a good philosophy to use when putting together your fitness site, a even better way to stand out from the crowd is to create fitness related tools and / or apps.
The thing is, people are always looking for ways to tell them how fit they are, help them get fitter, and generally make their fitness aims a lot easier. Apps are being taken in the gym more and more often, and are becoming an essential tool in fitness circles.
While getting a app or tool made costs money and won’t be for everyone initially, if you find your site is becoming popular and you’re making money from it, you may want to invest into getting one made.
Ensure Your Website Allows Two Way Conversion
If you want to stand out in the health and fitness niche, you need to let people interact with you. Remember, people visit your site because they want to improve themselves. It’s because of this that you need to focus on them. If you do this, they’ll be more likely to keep visiting your website, and in turn benefiting you.
So, how can you ensure that people get and stay interactive? Well, there are a few ways. Namely:
- Ask for people’s stories. Let them share their success stories on your website. Adding before and after pictures as well will increase credibility, and motivate your other readers to listen to your tips and see the same results.
- Allow people to comment. As you’ll be building your website on WordPress, this part will be pretty easy to implement. Be sure to leave your comments section open, so people can get involved with their views and feel like they’re part of something.
- Lastly, be sure to include social share buttons on your site using a plugin such as this one. You want to encourage your readers to share your content with their friends as much as possible.
Always remember why people visit your site, and make all the things you do about them. Just don’t forget to make it easy for them to reward you for the help you give.
Get Ideas From These Other Fitness Related Sites
Now while you shouldn’t copy them as such, there’s nothing wrong with getting some ideas from other sites in your industry. With that in mind, here are a couple which are doing well and are popular amongst fitness fans:
Nerd Fitness is a website worth taking note of. Not only do they cover many aspects of fitness in great details, but they also do it in a fun and unique way. For example, the majority of their pictures are based around Lego and figurines! A great example of how to stand out in a crowded niche.
Muscle & Fitness
Muscle & Fitness is a website based around the magazine of the same name. The reason this site is good to take notes from is because of the layout. It’s easy to understand what’s where, and therefore easy to find the kind of content you’re looking for. The actual guides are spread out over multiple pages, which is a common strategy used by websites looking to make money from advertising (multiple pages increases page views).
Getting The First 1000 People To Your New Fitness Based WordPress Website
Before you go, remember, a site is no good without traffic! Don’t know how to market your site and drive traffic? Then learn how to here: https://websiteacademy.com/ways-to-get-the-first-1000-people-to-your-fitness-site.